Thursday, January 30, 2014

Minneapolis Photographer | Second Shooting Weddings

I love to be the second photographer at weddings! The flowers, the shoes, the dress, the boutonnieres. So many details in just a few short hours. I truly enjoy all the details, don't get me wrong; however, the thing I like most is all of the emotion. The lead photographer is often interacting with the couples, family, or bridal party. I on the other hand, can remain a fly on the wall and see some of the interactions people would occasionally hide. Or while the lead photographer is getting her place for the ceremony, I can stay back and see the anticipation of the bride with her dad and the wedding party.  Also I love that I am allowed, and expected, to play around with different angles and viewpoints. It is such a fast moving day and I love the challenge of getting just the right moment from an interesting view. Over the next few months, I'll be posting a few of my favorites from some of the weddings last summer where I was the second photographer.

This wedding was with Erin Johnson Photography earlier this summer. Believe it or not, It was in the upper 90's all day, but the bridal party still braved the heat for a few images. These are just a select few from the day that I enjoy. The last one is definitely a highlight from all of last summer's weddings! I have never seen that done before-so fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment